Ohio Department of Job and Family ServicesDirector's Office - Performance Center
Work 30 East Broad Street (32nd Floor) Columbus OH 43123 work
Black Belt training completed November 2015
Green Belt Project: Call Center Quality Monitoring Process (December 2013)
Involved in Lean and Six Sigma improvement efforts in agency.
Has served as a team member on a Kaizen team.
Project & Program Analyst in the Performance Center, ODJFS Director’s Office
• Using Lean Six Sigma tools to identify, review, and analyze data and processes in order to identify and implement opportunities for improved performance.
• Lead senior management to develop performance strategies, goals, objectives, and measures for the agency.
• Monitor and report on the strategic goals and our core business measures.
• Create performance management reports, slides, and presentation materials for various audiences.
• Ad hoc reporting: Includes finding and analyzing data, creating material for use during Kaizen events, workgroups, or other large-group activities.
• Developing MS Access databases that provide reports to managers to help them use their data for decision-making and performance improvement.
• Analyzed employee satisfaction surveys and reported/presented survey results.
• Manage Agency Review Team (ART) — Ccoordinate and report group activities throughout the agency.
• Results Ohio reporting for the Governor’s Office for all state entities. Created charts and graphs using data from all agencies for use on statewide website.
• The Leadership Challenge (September 2014 – January 2015)
• Has helped with numerous events, and has helped other Green Belts when they have ran into issues during events.
• Experience in performance management and reporting, using data, and TIMUWOOD.
Education: Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio (December 2009); Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Organization Leadership, Summa Cum Laude, Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio (June 1992); Associate Degree in Business Management & Human Resources, Magna Cum Laude